My Beloved's Daughter

It was a lazy Sunday morning and as always, I was sipping my cup of tea with half the curtains open as the sun rays' partially fell on me. I loved the hue of brightness that gave so much of hope and positivity but I was always in love with darkness. It brought out the "real me" where my thoughts poured out and my pen did the remaining work. Suddenly the door opened and she leaped inside and landed on my bean bag without showing any mercy to it.

"Champ, where is my tea?", she asked.

"I made only for me, you didn't message me that you will be here!", I complained.

"Oh really !!! Just shut up and tell me where is my cup ?".


"Go, get it. It's there.", I smiled and pointed towards the platform of the kitchen. 

"Actually, I need your help. There is a complicated situation and as always, you are my only savior.", she said.

A 22-year-old girl was asking for help from a 50-year-old man and why not, she had learned it from her mother, of course. It has been 20 long years that I know her. But, long before that, I know her mother. 



As I write this, a smile automatically comes on my face as she had been the sweetest thing that had ever happened in my life. The world calls her by different names. Some say she was my crush, some say she is my ex... Others gave her a batch of my girlfriend and some hailed her as my fiancee. But as time proceeded, things changed but she left with cute impact in my heart and from then, she is my beloved.

Time flew by and she got married and yet I had a boon of seeing her every day. I have been her neighbor since then and today also we smile at each other sharing a faint-yet-bright bond. 

"So, what is the problem today ?", I asked.

"I am in a dilemma, I don't know what to do.", she told.

"Got caught while cheating in exams? Or again you stole chocolates from that shop? You will never get rid of that childish behavior."

"No no champ. Nothing like that. It's a bit complicated and for your knowledge, let me tell you that I am a master in cheating in exams and also whenever I need those chocolates, mummy comes along with me and we steal together, not many.... just 2-3 chocolates." 
and she laughed.

"Ok, now tell me the problem."

"Actually, someone loves me. I always wanted not to land in this trap, but I fell." , she told biting her lips.

"And what about you?" , I asked without hesitating.

"I am confused, Should I say a yes or no? Even I told mom about it and even she has no answer to it."

"Like mother, like daughter.", I smiled as I thought.

"Ya, even mom had the same problem.", she winked as she caught my thoughts.

We laughed and the morning tea sessions continued. 

"You know, yesterday mummy and I had a talk about it and mom came out with the best solution."

"And what was that?", I asked.

"Mom told that you can give me the best solution."

I smiled as I heard those words. My beloved's daughter was asking me tips about love and being an educated fool, I was going to advise her.

"Ok, now tell me why are you confused. Isn't he a good person ?"

"He is just amazing and such a beautiful soul. He is always there for me but I don't love him as he does. The biggest fear is after a certain period of time if I fail to love him? If that love goes away and lands on someone else? I don't want another champ to be born."


"Haha.... you fear a lot like your mom. Yes, I get your feelings but the biggest thing is to be in the process of love. You might go away from his life, but he would teach you the biggest thing. How to love someone. And in this process, the love might blossom...you never know. Mark my words, be in the process of being loved, then you can learn to love them back."


"Also, he would be a lucky guy that she loves such a beautiful soul like you. Just try to love him back in the process because whatever love and feelings reside in both of you, is pure and that might make it happen."


"Then, how couldn't mom love you? And why didn't you love anyone else? ", she asked the exact question which I thought.

Actually, the problem was, I loved her so much that she never got a chance to bring out that much love for me too. If also, she wanted me to love back, it was me who couldn't give her a chance."

"You writers are too good at turning and mixing things up. But, why didn't you love someone else ?"


"It is because that I had enough of love overdose that I didn't need anyone else.", I laughed.

"See", and I pointed at the deck of novels.

"It is the result of the love of your mom that I am the author of so many books. After all, the love of your mom made me become rich by making these books the bestsellers."

She laughed and said me something that I always knew.

"You know champ, mom still misses you for not being there always beside her, when she needs someone like you as a companion. Actually, it will not be wrong to say that, your love has won but you got yourself martyred at a certain point. I don't know how you both live without communicating with each other. But still, I will take your words.", she told and rose as she was about to leave.

"Just make sure dear, you don't stumble in this process.It will be tough but yet rewardful.", I kept saying unknowingly as I wrote something.

Standing at the door she told,
"My father is always a hero for me as he has been winning this love from mom....  day and night. Every day and every moment. But, he doesn't know that he is the winner of a lost battle because the champion is in front of my eyes and that's why you are my champ.", she left smiling at me and closing that door.


The girl told something that I never thought of but the truth was whether there was love on her mom's side or not, I am confused. But, in the end, I am a champion who has lost the winning battle and his father being a hero has won a lost battle. After all, in all stories, the hero always wins.

The lazy Sunday morning has now turned into an afternoon. Those cups of tea lying on the table and I just closed my book to take a nap. The curtains still draped the windows and the sun was nowhere to be seen as it has moved up. It had finally lost the morning battle to cast those rays on me. How could have he won?
After all, I was a champion.

Comments

  1. Wow, superb 👌👌

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is simply wowwwwwwwww.
    Keep writing such inspiring lines.
    That will save a lot of lives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment