FOR THE FIRST TIME

It gives so much happiness and a feel of excitement when we do something for the first time.Something that you always wanted to feel but couldn't. Life is all about such moments where we shed a tear of happiness. Those moments might be prevalent for others but for you, it might mean the whole world. We all have gone through such moments which we cherish even today.

I was nervous. My hands trembled and I was sweating profusely when I saw the lady in pain. It was my duty but I wanted to step back because I have never done it. I knew the duties of a doctor but what if it goes wrong but at the end, I had to face it. For that moment, I was everything for that lady who keenly kept looking into my eyes and was dying in pain. The scalpel in my hand was going to operate for the first time and with the name of God, I started. The phase which I went through at that moment was obscure. As time kept passing, the pain kept increasing more and more. But, I didn't stop. The baby was finally welcomed to the world after an hour of the painful yet rewarding operation. Before anybody could see that tiny life, I just had a look into those eyes. For the first time, I have gifted a life and I couldn't stop myself from those tears of happiness.


.
.
.
.
.
She is the core of my heart. Without her, I have no reason to stay in this world. All my happiness was because of her. There are reasons for those smiles and laughs and I have treasured each and every moment. I am her father, as well as her mother and her world, resided in me. For the first time, she uttered those magical words and called me out. Those words made my day. For the first time, when she walked those two steps, her anklets chimed. Those moments are priceless. Today I see her in that bridal look which every father dreamt of. For the first time, I saw the reflection of her mother who looked exactly the same and she replicated it. These moments were the treasures and my lifetime ornaments that will always be cherished and these tears of happiness are the proof of it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Today when I am about to leave this world, I feel that I have achieved everything whatever I have dreamt of. I am someone's father, someone's son, someone's husband, someone's brother and several other relations that I am a part of. But, the most prized and inestimable relations are the blood relations. I see all those branches of my family in front of me who are standing and lamenting on my departure. But, I am happy that they stand together at that moment when I am retiring from this world. My generation stands in front of me and they will carry my legacy. But, for the first time, I am content that I bind them together. Although I will not be there, I shed those tears of happiness as I know all will be together forever.

Life gives these 'worth a king's ransom' moments once. The moments which will make you cry, smile and laugh and leave an impact forever at the backdrop of your memory. Never lose these jiffs as they do not occur often.

                                                                      ~ The Life Writer
                                                                       Anshuman Acharya

Comments

Post a Comment